After a nice and successful year 2012 the running year 2013 is around the corner. Here are my plans so far:
Confirmed half-marathon events:
Planned half-marathon events:
- BIG 25 Berlin, Berlin Läuft Cup 2/3, 05.05.2013
- Saarschleife Marathon, 01.09.2013
- Gourmet Halbmarathon Saarbrücken, 01.09.2013
- ASICS Grand 10 Berlin, 10km, Berlin Läuft Cup 3/3, 14.10.2013
Time for mid-season results. After around 600 km so far in 2012 including 63,3 race km the goal of a 1:30:00 half-marathon time still stands.
01:33:51 marks my new personal best.
As announced earlier there are a couple of half-marathon events I want to take part in. Newest addition will be the BIG 25 Berlin Half-Marathon on May, 6th. While this event, ending in the well-known Berlin Olympic Stadium, traditionally has been a 25km event, this year a half-marathon distance is offered as well.
After making it to only one half-marathon event in 2011, for 2012 two events have already been booked and preparations are underway.
- 32. Berlin Halbmarathon, 01.04.2012
- St. Wendel Marathon, 29.04.2012
Also planned are
- 15. Saarschleife Marathon, 02.09.2012
- 3. Gourmet Marathon Saarbrücken, 16.09.2012
The beginning of the new year is a good time to pick up where 2010 has finished. Regarding sports this means to choose some running events (half-marathon) to take part in. My list currently looks like this with a big gap in the summer:
1. Mai: Sankt Wendel Marathon
04. September: 14. Saarschleifen Marathon, Merzig
18. September: 2. Gourmet Marathon, Saarbrücken
23. Oktober: Dt. Feuerwehr Meisterschaft Halbmarathon, Dresden